Yearly Comprehensive Eye Exams for Glasses and Contact Lens Wearers
Routine Comprehensive Eye Exams
While clear vision is important, a comprehensive eye exam can do more than just give you a prescription for glasses. The eyes are truly a window into other parts of your overall health. Our doctors take the time to evaluate our patient's concerns, medical history, and lifestyle to find the best possible treatments for our patient's specific needs. From infants to seniors, we welcome patients of all ages. Routine vision services are billable to many vision insurance providers (call to make sure we participate). During a comprehensive exam the doctor will evaluate:
- Refractive error: nearsighted, farsighted, or astigmatism
- Focusing issues, including presbyopia, strabismus, and amblyopia
- Eye diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma
- Other diseases, such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol, can often be detected in an eye exam
Our office offers patients an alternative option to dilation drops - Check out the OptoMap here.
Contact Lens Evaluations
Some patients elect to wear contacts instead of glasses. A contact lens prescription is different from a glasses prescription and is valid for one year. The evaluation is in addition to a comprehensive exam and is necessary to ensure clear vision and that lenses are fitting both eyes properly while keeping all parts of the eye healthy. There are additional fees associated with this service, and many vision insurance benefits offer discounts or cover the evaluation entirely (call our office to verify eligibility.) Contact lens services include:
- Corneal Topography: Technology that allows our doctors the ability to closely examine a patient's cornea, measuring shape, thickness, curvature, and even tear film analysis. The result: data that can be used to find the most comfortable lens for your vision needs.
- Free direct shipping with purchase of contact lens supply
- Rebates for purchases that are not available in retail stores
- Trial lenses to hold you over until your next appointment (we do our best to accommodate this.)
- A variety of brands and modalities of contacts to suit your vision and lifestyle